Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Opportunist!

A Korean man sells cotton candy immediately outside an Elementary School everyday at lunchtime. This is Sales 101...Location, Location, Location...and I think Sales & Marketing Text books should use this guy as an example.


What a great idea...and so simple. He has a captured market...they are hungry, they love sugar and many of them have a little bit of lunch money left in their pockets! Cha-Ching!

I swear that this could not happen in America. There would be so many parents, teachers, school administrators and everyone complaining (but then feeding their kids sugar-filled cereals for breakfast), that eventually the guy would have to move. But, not here in Korea...if there is a street corner and you think you can sell something on it...go for it!!

I love this picture. I just think it captures the hard-working spirit of Koreans. I think we could learn something from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment